You would wonder how pricking needles into your flesh can help you lose weight. It sounds so effortless and too good to be true. We have good news, and we’ll tell you why ancient wisdom surpasses most modern fads in weight loss.
It is general knowledge that when you consume more food than your body burns, you put on weight. What is too much for food for each person varies, some people can eat lots and never gain an inch, while others seem to be dieting all the time without much success. TCM aims to balance your body system for your inner harmony. The beauty is that it works with your own body to strike the necessary balance.
In TCM, the belief is that weight gain is usually due to qi deficiency in the spleen and stomach systems. This slows down the metabolism of fat resulting in water retention and weight gain – even with diet and exercise you still find it hard to lose weight. You may often feel fatigue and digestive problems.
How it works:
Needles are applied to selected acupuncture points to promote digestion, raise the metabolic rate, control the appetite and invigorate the spleen.
Acupuncture manages your appetite
- It activates certain acupoints to curb food cravings and suppress appetites.
- It balances digestion to help you feel satisfied longer after a meal. With digestion restored, your body gets the necessary nutrients and you stop craving for food as your body already has what it needs.
- Acupuncture calms the nervous system to prevent stress eating.
Acupuncture increases your metabolic rate
- It stimulates thyroid glands that control metabolism of your entire body. Your cells become more efficient in burning energy for healthier body system.
- It promotes digestion so that unwanted food by-products get passed out of the body, and do not accumulate to create a toxic environment. Toxicity attracts fat.
Our Physician Chew Lik Wai has over 19 years experience and is an expert in acupuncture. Make an appointment today to start your healthy weight loss journey.
Call us at 6737 8488 or Whatsapp 9357 8183
Elements TCM Clinic (located within Elements Wellness)
#02-28 The Centrepoint Singapore 238843